EDINBURGH CITY

EDINBURGH CITY

The historic centre of Edinburgh is divided into two by the broad green swath of Princes Street Gardens. To the south the view is dominated by Edinburgh Castle, perched atop the extinct volcanic crag, and the long sweep of the Old Town trailing after it along the ridge. To the north lies Princes Street and the New Town. The gardens were begun in 1816 on bogland which had once been the Nor Loch.

Cockburn Street Princess Street The Elephant House
Cockburn Street
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008
Princess Street
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008
The Elephant House
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008
St. John's Church Phone Boxes At Royal Mile St. Giles' Cathedral
St. John's Church
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008
Phone Boxes At Royal Mile
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008
St. Giles' Cathedral
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008
Edinburgh Castle St. Cuthbert Graveyard
Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008
St. Cuthbert Graveyard
Edinburgh, Scotland, 2008